Friday, December 31, 2010
Episode 43: If I Were Your Man I'd Be Gregory Peck
* The Russian Futurists: Horseshoe Fortune
* Etherea: Sextape
* Shannon Peil: What I remember about Tommy with the bowlcut and the freckles
* Postdata: Tobias Grey
* Noel Sloboda: Pinched
* Young Magic: You Are Air
* Eric Beeny: Ethnic Cleansing
* Gitar: Shock and Awe
* Ben Frost: Cryo
* Papercuts: White Are The Waves
Friday, December 24, 2010
Episode 42: Top 10 of 2010
* California Christmas by Bonnie ZoBell
10. Blackbird Blackbird: Hawaii (Niva Remix)
9. Baths: Animals
8. Active Child: Wilderness
7. Gold Panda: You
6. Jonsi: Go Do
5. The Books: Beautiful People
4. Young Man: Up So Fast
3. Buke and Gass: Your Face Left Before You
2. Houses: Endless Spring
1. Sonny and The Sunsets: Too Young To Burn
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Episode 41: A Very Orange Christmas
Summer Camp: Christmas Wrapping
Shalloboi: Christmas Song
Best Coast, Wavves: Got Something For You
Mark R. Brand: Holiday Music
Golden Veins: Merry Christmas (Don't Forget To Write)
The Puppini Sisters: Last Christmas
Shalloboi: Christmas Song
Banjo or Freakout: Frosty The Snowman
Houses: This Is War (Dustin Kensrue Cover)
Blazer Force: Electronic Santa
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Episode 40: Vagabonds, Misfits, & Sinners
J. Bradley: Bury Me With It
Pepper Rabbit: Older Brother
Ken Wohlrob: Non Ho Tutto Il Giorno
Led To Sea: Is This The Last Time
Joan of Arc: Oh Brother
Eric Beeny: Living Expenses
Young Man: Strangers
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Episode 39: Miracles
* Phil Selway: By Some Miracle
* Chris Schlarb: I Can Live Forever If I Slowly Die
* Steve Himmer: Excerpt from The Bee-Loud Glade
* Sun Airway: Oh, Naoko (Houses Remix)
* Christoph Andersson: Tuxedo
* Noel Sloboda: Underneath
* Yellow Ostrich: Whale
* Rambutan: Age of None (Kendra Steiner Release #178)
* Interview with Don Evans (Executive Director of Chicago Literary Hall of Fame)
* Escape Mechanism: House of the Haunted Ink Bottle
Friday, November 26, 2010
Episode 38: A Mashed Thanksgiving
* Ros Bobos: I Do Not Understand (from 50/50)
* William S. Burroughs: A Thanksgiving Prayer
* Benoit Pioulard: Lasted
* Hauschka: Firn
* Brody Johnson: And So And So And So We (from 50/50)
* Victor David Giron: Excerpt from Sophomoric Philosophy
* Bridal Party: The Light Holds
* Bikini: American Mourning
* Hauschka: Firn
* Plucked: Yeah, I Know, Who Cares (from 50/50)
* Mickey Hess: Band Considers Itself a Vocation
* Girl Talk: Jump On Stage
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Episode 37: Everyone Has a Story
* Panda Bear: Last Night At The Jetty
* Elk: Volleyball
* Christine Fadden: A Rough Guide
* The Rest: John Huston
* Eef Barzelay: Ballad of Bitter Honey
* Stars of The Lid: Dopamine Clouds Over Craven Cottage
* Jill Summers from Diagnosis of Sadness
* Butcher Bear & Charlie: Chopsticks
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Episode 36: Like This Podcast, You Will?
* Fever Marlene: Begin Again
* Pears: Servants
* Robert Lowell Meets Philip Glass: For The Union Dead
* Candy Claws: Silent Time Of Earth
* Beep: Wolf Pantolones
* Ben Tanzer/Tim Hall/Amy Guth/Jill Summers: Scene 6 from Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine
* High Highs: Open Season
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Episode 35: Elvis Costello is my Boyfriend
* Young The Giant: My Body
* Delicate Steve: Butterfly
* Nancy Stebbins: Gravitas, Gravity, Gravitas
* Casa Castile: Vake
* Brian Eno: Bone Jump
* Robyn Pennacchia: Watching The Detectives
* Buke and Gass: Your Face Left Before You
* Aleathia Drehmer: Strawberries and Chocolate
* Lower Dens: Hospice Gates
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Episode 34: Maniacs, Angels, and Scary Monsters
* Kid Cudi: Maniac ft Cage & St. Vincent
* Hessien: We Don't Want to Live in Your Dreams
* Matt Bell: "Her Ennead" from How They Were Found
* Small Black: Photojournalist
* Four Tet: Angel Echoes (Caribou Remix)
* Karen Lillis: The Roaches That Stayed Behind
* Kisses: Kisses
* Bullion: God Only Knows
* Tim Hall reading Karen Lillis live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
* Skrillex: Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Episode 33: Perfectly Destructive
Oh Land: Perfection
Ana Caravelle: Avril 14 (Aphex Twin Cover)
xTx: He Is Talking To The Fat Lady
Our Broken Garden: Garden Grows
Botany: Feeling Today
Ana C. Right/Adam Moorad: Reading from Collaborative Destruction
Porcelain Raft: Tip Of Your Tongue
Expensive Looks: Living Scene
Lindsay Hunter live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Episode 32: Escape into a Dream
Deerhoof: The Merry Barracks
Jay Nackashi: My Earthly Creature
Mel Bosworth: Excerpt from Grease Stain, Kismet, and Maternal Wisdom
Twin Sister: Ginger
Gold Panda: Same Dream China
Mary Hamilton: Never Ever
California Wives: Blood Red Youth
The Octopus Project: Fuguefat
Aleathia Drehmer: Comptroller
King Charles: Love Lust
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Episode 31: Deal With The Problem
Anoraak: Don't Be Afraid ft. Sally Shaprio
Curtis Smith: The Prettiest Lie (from Witness)
Trophy Wife: Take This Night
Laurie Anderson: Only An Expert (Tech Support Glitch Remix)
Koen Holtkamp: Loosely Based On Bees [Excerpt]
Caroline Picard live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
Sufjan Stevens: Age of Adz
Friday, October 1, 2010
Epsiode 30: Manipulated Audio
* Otouto: W. Hiller
* Oval: School Trail
* Davis Schneiderman live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
* The Pharmacy: Coldest Morning Light
* Murdocks: Bloodsicle
* Jason Behrends: Excerpt from Manipulated Faith
* Bell: Dialtone
* Adam Golaski: Plate 21 from Color Plates
* Apache, The: Robert Redford or Kristin Wiig (1973)
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Episode 29: Are You Ready To ... ?
* Turzi: Bombay
* Bill Shute: Emergency
* Active Child: Wilderness
* Barn Owl: Light From The Mesa
* Davis Schneiderman: Live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
* Super Wild Horses: Golden Town
* Barn Owl: Light From The Mesa
* Upright Ape: Reading from Memoirs of a Breadman
* Tera Melos: Frozen Zoo
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Episode 28: Hello Ladies
* Andreya Triana: Draw The Stars
* Cut Chemist: Disco in Addis
* Katie Moore: Fidelia Unfriendly
* Computer Magic: Electronic Fences
* Joe Frawley: The Kiss
* Jill Summers live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
* Dustin Wong: Talking Walking Cloud
* Glasser: Home
* Mary Hamilton live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Episode 27: What's in a Name?
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.: Vocal Chords
* Conductive Alliance: Water Glyphs
* Emilia Brock: Reading from PAPER MACHINE: Muster zine
* Tooth Ache: Skin
* Balam Acab: Regret Making Mistakes
* David Oprava: Excerpt from Sole
* Soft Landing: Baptism
* Max Richter: Infra 2
* Ben Tanzer: Compulsions (from 99 Problems)
* Film School: Heart Full of Pentagons
Friday, September 3, 2010
On August 26th, 1985 The Cure release The Head on The Door, and this week we take a look at The Cure's massive catalog as heard through an array of bands and writers.
Episode 26: A Tribute to The Cure
* The Big Pink: Lovesong
* My Favorite Robot: Fascination Street
* Chloe Caldwell: Babble
* The Soft Pack: The Grinding Halt
* The Cure: Why Can't I Be You (Young Edits Drugged Out Version)
* Chris Bower: Open
* Julie Peel: A Night Like This
* Angie Hart: Pictures of You
* Dean & Britta: Friday I'm in Love
* David Oprava: Sinking
* Why?: Close To Me
* Chloe Caldwell: End
* Bat For Lashes: A Forest
Thursday, August 26, 2010
This week's podcast is a little unique, this is a look back at the four main periods of musical discovery in my life. It was incredibly difficult to select the songs for this episode, but hopefully it will give a taste what has been many years of musical enjoyment.
Episode 25: My Music History
* The Smiths: Rubber Ring
* Operation Ivy: Room Without A Window
* Dinosaur Jr.: Keep The Glove (Live)
* Aphex Twin: On
* Eels: Novocaine For The Soul
* Cibo Matto: Beef Jerky
* The Orb: White River Junction
* DJ Shadow: Building Steam with a Grain of Salt
* Mr. Lif: Home of the Brave
* Presage: Divide & Conquer
* The Russian Futurists: Paul Simon
* Jens Lekman: Maple Leaves
* Page France: Chariot
* Bobby Birdman: Victory At Sea
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Episode 24: I Like Pasley
* PVT: The Quick Mile
* Sam Prekop: The Silhouettes
* Mary Hamilton: When Me and Theodore Look at the Sky We Pray For Rain (Live from The Orange Alert Reading Series)
* Rakaa: Aces High (ft. Evidence, Fashawn And Defari)
* J. Bradley: Just Do It
* Backwords: And Then Sigh
* Javelin: Lindsay Brohan
* Natalie Edwards: Live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
* Jaill: The Stroller
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Episode 23: Bad Omens
* Reporter: Click Shaw
* Pretty Lights: Look Both Ways
* Davis Schneiderman: Excerpt from Drain
* Elephant & Castle: The Look
* Bee vs. Moth: I Listen To Coffee All Day
* Joseph G. Peterson: Excerpt from Beautiful Piece (Live at The Orange ALert Reading Series)
* Nice Purse: Heart Medley
* Chilly Gonzales: I Am Europe
* Justin Blackburn: Kate Reads The Bible
* Roman Ruins: The Comedown
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Episode Twenty-Two: I Went To The Woods
* Gord Mackenzie: Excerpt from Walden
* Fops: Maple Mountain
* Moby: The Rain Falls And The Sky Shudders
* Gabe Durham: Excerpt from Fun Camp
* Cheyenne Marie Mize: Path
* Like Bells: Follow The Birds
* Mark R. Brand live from the Orange Alert Reading Series
* Soft Cat: Blackbirds
* Dreamend: Pink Cloud in the Woods
* Micah Ling: Excerpt from Sweetgrass
* Air Conditioning School: Wake Me Up
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Episode 21: Alright, Goodbye
* ceo: Everything Is Gonna Be Alright
* Lobisomem: Concussus
* Printer's Ball Preview (produced by Stanzi Vaubel)
* The Books: The Story of Hip Hop
* Paper Tiger: The Bully Plank
* Jason Fisk: He Was A Patient Man (Live from the Orange Alert Reading Series)
* Derek Rogers: excerpt from Circum_Navigate
* Deerhunter: Revival
* PF Potvin: Mapuche Ranger
* Best Coast: Goodbye
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Pitchfork Music Festival takes place in Chicago this weekend and this week we highlight a few of the band worth noting.
Episode Twenty: The Pitchfork Preview
* Sonny & The Sunsets: Too Young To Burn
* Kathryn Regina: Sometimes When on Fire Pt. II
* EL-P: Meanstreak (In 3 Parts)
* Davis Schneiderman and Don Meyer: Open Letter to J.D. Salinger
* Netherfriends: Never Be Comfortable
* PF Potvin: Port To Uneven
* Dâm-Funk: A Day At The Carnival
* Here We Go Magic: Casual
* Shannon Peil: Maybe
* Major Lazer: Hold The Line
* St. Vincent: The Strangers
* Stephen Markley: Ch. 2 from Publish This Book (Live from The Orange Alert Reading Series)
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Summer romance unfulfilled, lost romantics with no one to love, a pack of no one's moving is a similar pattern but never finding the warmth they desire, it all a part of this week's podcast.
Episode Nineteen: I Want To Be You
* Coolrunnings: I Am You
* Oval: Ah!
* John Cotter: Excerpt from Under The Small Light (Live from The Orange Alert Reading Series)
* The Morning Benders: Pleasure Sighs
* Autechre: Known(1)
* Roxane Gay: Do You Have a Place For Me?
* Villagers: Twenty-Seven Strangers
* PF Potvin: This is a Party
* Wavves: Post Acid
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Episode Eighteen: Summertime
* Dj BC: Hotbreaker
* Flying Lotus: Heave(N)
* Shannon Peil: Oj
* Wild Nothing: Bored Games
* PF Potvin: Art of Party
* The Whitefield Brothers: The Gift ft Edan & Mr. Lif
* J. Bradley: Quadriplegic
* Last Order: Summertime
* Washed Out: You and I
* Kathleen Rooney: Natural's Not In It (live from The Orange Alert Reading Series)
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Episode Seventeen: Almost Talk Radio
* Secret Colours: Jellybeans
* Interview with Gina Frangello (excerpt)
* Cotton Jones: Glorylight and Christie
* Chicago Now Radio Interview with Amy Guth, Alex Quiby, and Ben Tanzer (excerpt)
* Chris Connelly: How This Ends (excerpt)
* Teen Daze: Shine On, You Crazy White Cap
Thursday, June 17, 2010
I could have easily made this into a two hour episode, but I tried my best to keep it around thirty minutes. I have been a Morrissey fan for a long time and I am finally getting to pay him a little tribute. His lyrics are what keep me coming back, and hopefully that is what will come through in this episode.
Episode Sixteen: The Smith-i-sode
* The Ukrainians: Koroleva Ne Polerma (The Queen Is Dead)
* Amy Guth: There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
* V.V. Brown: This Charming Man
* Zee Avi: First of The Gang To Die
* Mel Bosworth: Reel Around The Fountain
* The Welcome Wagon: Half A Person
* J Mascis: The Boy With A Thorn in His Side
* The Very Most: Cemetry Gates
* xTx: Meat is Murder
* Colin Meloy: Jack The Ripper
* Spanish Prisoners: Still Ill
* Ben Tanzer: Bigmouth Strikes Again
* Exit Clov: Sing Your Life
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Episode 15: Endless Spring
* Houses: Endless Spring
* Chloe Caldwell: Daffodils And Deodorant and You
* Secret Cities: Pink Graffiti Part 1
* Nick Butcher: Minutes Overlap
* Kathryn Regina: Something Wasn't Right
* Blackbird Blackbird: Pure
* Jill Summers from The Diagnosis of Saddness
* Blackhawks: Indigo
Additional music by Wax Stag
Friday, June 4, 2010
Episode Fourteen: The Sucker Punch
* Moneypenny: Cannonball ft. FreeSol (The Breeders Cover)
* Ben Frost: Hibakusja (from Made in Iceland 3)
* Christopher Cunningham & Hosho McCreesh: What Is Truth?
* Coma Cinema: Sucker Punch
* Justin Blackburn: All The Fat Kid Wants is a Hug
* Gold Panda: You
* James Todd Adcox: Live from The Orange Alert Reading Series
* Tobacco: Fresh Hex
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Episode Thirteen: Suckers Wear Sunglasses
* The Black Keys "The Next Girl"
* Frank Hinton "Co-morbidity"
* Sunglasses "Stand Fast"
* Woodsman "When the Morning Comes"
* Rebekah Silverman reading "Carnivalia" by Glenn Shaheen
* Suckers "Wild Smile"
Additional music by tonspender.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
This week we have an action-packed episode featuring five writers! One of the writers, Ben Segal, is involved in a very cool project called Potential Books Book. Here is Ben's short explanation of the project, " the short version of the idea is that we are asking people to imagine their ideal non-existent book and to write a blurb for it. We're then compiling those blurbs as a little book." You should check it out and submit something.
Episode Twelve: Disco Edition!
* Jungol "Two People"
* Kathryn Regina "Three Weeks Later"
* Mike Young "No Such Thing As a Wild Horse"
* A Lull "Weapons of War"
* David Oprava "Except Sometimes"
* Rob Swift "Rabia - 2nd Movement"
* Ben Segal "Slice Up Your Face but Leave Those Ribbons Hanging" (from his forthcoming chapbook 'Science Fiction Pornography' from Publishing Genius)
* YAWN "Kind of Guy" (Alex Baez Remix)
* CT Ballentine "Grocery Store Launchpad" (recorded live at The Orange Alert Reading Series)
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
This weeks episode is an attempt to study the intricacies of sound. I hope you enjoy it.
Episode Eleven: Beautiful Books
* The Books "Beautiful People"
* J.A. Tyler "Woods 1 - 5"
* Dada Trash Collage "In Season"
* Jac Jemc "Roundabout The Bottom"
* Maxilla Blue "Bendable Boxcars"
* Christopher Cunningham "Three Poems"
* Aleathia Drehmer "The Night Comes Quiet" (previously published in Hobo Camp Review)
* The Deer Tracks "Isbjrnskatten"
Additional music from Inca Orange.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
This week we explore a current trend in popular music that I hope every one will enjoy. Several bands right now are regressing back an era in music that was filled with surf, bubble, and harmonies. We look at four of the hundreds of band playing around with this sound.
Episode Ten: Robots in the Shadows
* Cults "Most Wanted"
* Kathryn Regina "Sometime When On Fire"
* Tim Hall excerpt from Full Of It
* Hollows "Shadows In The Dark"
* J Bradley "The Serial Rapist Sitting Behind You is a Robot"
* Magic Kids "Hey Boy"
* Michael Bible "The Midnight Radio Show"
* Dum Dum Girls "Jail La La"
Additional music from Tadoma. Tadoma is performing at Empty Bottle here in Chicago on May 9th.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
There are many different types of survival and many different things that put us in a survival mode. This week's episode focuses in a little on the idea of surviving.
Episode Nine: Surviving
* Common Prayer "Us vs. Them"
* Jason Jordan "Surviving"
* The Record Low "What If I'm Wrong"
* Misti Rainwater-Lites selected poems from Sloppy Mouth
* White Hinterland "No Logic" (Alan Wilkis Remix)
* Scott McClanahan "Kidney Stones" (live from the Orange Alert Reading Series)
Additional music from Diego Bernal's new (FREE) album "Besides..."
Monday, April 19, 2010
Love takes on many different forms, and has both positive and negative effects. In this episode of the podcast we explore some of those effects. As usual we utilize different forms and degrees of seriousness and silliness to expose love and all of its flaws.
Episode 8: The Love-i-sode
* Health "USA Boys"
* xTx "Climax or Cry"
* Inlets "In Which, I, Robert"
* Bradley Sands a series of prose poems
* People Like Us & Wobbly "Giant Love Ball"
* Sam Pink "Chapter Nine" (live from the Orange Alert Reading Series)
Additional music by Ducktails.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Here is a poetry heavy episode with a hidden plea to help out a local benefit happening next week here in Chicago. If none of that sounds good to you I have also filled it with great new music.
Episode Seven: The Poetry Edition
* Baths "Halls"
* Greg Santos "My Beloved"
* Br'er "Crocus"
* Tao Lin "A Poem Written By A Bear"
* Benefit for The Nicest Man in Chicago
* David Stone reads excerpts from his new collection
* Julianna Barwick "Bode"
Additional music from Gaudi and Mathemagic.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
I received a CD in the mail this week from Jill Summerscontaining five audio short stories called The Diagnosis of Sadness. Of course I was blown away and decided to kick off this episode with one of them. More info on the disc will be coming soon, but you can contact Jill through her website to purchase one now.
Episode Six: Somehow It'll Be Good
* Jill Summers from The Diagnosis of Sadness
* Sleigh Bells "Infinity Guitars"
* Michael Lee Johnson "Electric In The Sun"
* Cast Spells "Pioneer Scalps"
* Patrick Wensink "My Son Thinks He's French"
* Solvent "Loss For Words"
Additional music from Chicago Underground Duo.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
This week our podcast is a part of CCLaP's virtual book tour Sally Weigel's Too Young to Fall Asleep. The next stop on the tour is 4/4 at Between The Lines. We also have J. Bradley who is reading here in Chicago at Quimby's on Monday April 5th, and we talk about Chris Hefner's movie "The Pink Hotel" which debuts on April 9th at Music Box Theater.
Episode Five: Things We All Go Through
* Apollo Ghosts: "Things You Go Through"
* Sally Weigel: An excerpt from "Too Young To Fall Asleep"
* Sebastian Blanck: "Thunder"
* Caleb Ross "Our Guy"
* Alex B.: "You And I Both Know"
* Chris Hefner "Pink Hotel"
* Jacaszek "V"
* Two Poems by J. Bradley from "Dodging Traffic"
* Tiger Saw "Tigers On Fire"
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Episode Four features a scene of the recently rediscovered audio of the play version of Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine by Ben Tanzer. It was recorded at Stray Dog Recording Co. here in Chicago and I promptly lost the master disc. Hence the title "The Lost Tapes", but it has been rediscovered and the audio will be leaked out over the next few months.
Episode Four: The Lost Tapes
* High Places "On Giving Up"
* Jeff Parker excerpt from "The Taste of Penny"
* Velvet Davenport "Run" ft. Ariel Pink & Gary War
* Molly Gaurdy "The Peacock Lady" & "FeatherMan"
* Olney Clark "Josefin The Writer"
* Ben Tanzer/Tim Hall/Amy Guth/Jill Summers "Scene 4: Couples" from Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine
* Rainbow Arabia "I Know I See I Love I Go"
Thursday, March 18, 2010
This episode is filled with fun, fish sticks, babies, shaking, and more. Enjoy!
Episode Three: "Shake Your Fish Sticks"
* The Heligoats: "Fish Sticks"
* Lauren Becker: "A Simple Explanation"
* Jared Mees & The Grown Children: "Shake"
* Carol Novack & Ben Miller: "What Do With The Babies"
* Pillars & Tongues: "Made Sheen"
* Howie Good: excerpts from Anomalies
Friday, March 12, 2010
So, I've decided to make the a podcast a weekly occurrence due to the positive responses I have received and how much I enjoy making them. Don't forget to add the podcast feed to your podcast reader.
Episode Two: Spring is a State of Mind
* Drew Danburry "Many Are Cold, But Few Are Frozen"
* Scott McClanahan "The Rainelle Story"
* Neon Indian "Mind, Drips (Summer Dregs Remix)"
* An Interview with Lindsay Hunter
* Ernest Gonzales "Dancing In The Snow"
* Dan Black "Symphonies"
* Hosho McCreesh "Another Kind of Life" (from The Sunlight Tapes)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Welcome to the first edition of The Orange Alert Podcast. Twice a month we will present a 30 minute collection of music, literature, and art highlighting items you may or may not have seen before on Orange Alert.
Podcast One: March 5th, 2010
* In Tall Buildings "The Way to a Monster's Liar"
* Jamie Iredell reads an excerpt from "Prose. Poems. A Novel"
* Judson Claiborne "Songs for Dreaming"
* A review of two new art books from Parking Block Publishing
* Saadi "Birds"
* Mel Bosworth "Butler Creek"
* Free The Robots "Orion's Belt Buckle"
* Ryan W. Bradley reads an excerpt from "Who Killed Owen Wilson?"
* Boy Eats Drum Machine "Hoop + Wire"