Wednesday, March 31, 2010
This week our podcast is a part of CCLaP's virtual book tour Sally Weigel's Too Young to Fall Asleep. The next stop on the tour is 4/4 at Between The Lines. We also have J. Bradley who is reading here in Chicago at Quimby's on Monday April 5th, and we talk about Chris Hefner's movie "The Pink Hotel" which debuts on April 9th at Music Box Theater.
Episode Five: Things We All Go Through
* Apollo Ghosts: "Things You Go Through"
* Sally Weigel: An excerpt from "Too Young To Fall Asleep"
* Sebastian Blanck: "Thunder"
* Caleb Ross "Our Guy"
* Alex B.: "You And I Both Know"
* Chris Hefner "Pink Hotel"
* Jacaszek "V"
* Two Poems by J. Bradley from "Dodging Traffic"
* Tiger Saw "Tigers On Fire"
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Episode Four features a scene of the recently rediscovered audio of the play version of Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine by Ben Tanzer. It was recorded at Stray Dog Recording Co. here in Chicago and I promptly lost the master disc. Hence the title "The Lost Tapes", but it has been rediscovered and the audio will be leaked out over the next few months.
Episode Four: The Lost Tapes
* High Places "On Giving Up"
* Jeff Parker excerpt from "The Taste of Penny"
* Velvet Davenport "Run" ft. Ariel Pink & Gary War
* Molly Gaurdy "The Peacock Lady" & "FeatherMan"
* Olney Clark "Josefin The Writer"
* Ben Tanzer/Tim Hall/Amy Guth/Jill Summers "Scene 4: Couples" from Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine
* Rainbow Arabia "I Know I See I Love I Go"
Thursday, March 18, 2010
This episode is filled with fun, fish sticks, babies, shaking, and more. Enjoy!
Episode Three: "Shake Your Fish Sticks"
* The Heligoats: "Fish Sticks"
* Lauren Becker: "A Simple Explanation"
* Jared Mees & The Grown Children: "Shake"
* Carol Novack & Ben Miller: "What Do With The Babies"
* Pillars & Tongues: "Made Sheen"
* Howie Good: excerpts from Anomalies
Friday, March 12, 2010
So, I've decided to make the a podcast a weekly occurrence due to the positive responses I have received and how much I enjoy making them. Don't forget to add the podcast feed to your podcast reader.
Episode Two: Spring is a State of Mind
* Drew Danburry "Many Are Cold, But Few Are Frozen"
* Scott McClanahan "The Rainelle Story"
* Neon Indian "Mind, Drips (Summer Dregs Remix)"
* An Interview with Lindsay Hunter
* Ernest Gonzales "Dancing In The Snow"
* Dan Black "Symphonies"
* Hosho McCreesh "Another Kind of Life" (from The Sunlight Tapes)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Welcome to the first edition of The Orange Alert Podcast. Twice a month we will present a 30 minute collection of music, literature, and art highlighting items you may or may not have seen before on Orange Alert.
Podcast One: March 5th, 2010
* In Tall Buildings "The Way to a Monster's Liar"
* Jamie Iredell reads an excerpt from "Prose. Poems. A Novel"
* Judson Claiborne "Songs for Dreaming"
* A review of two new art books from Parking Block Publishing
* Saadi "Birds"
* Mel Bosworth "Butler Creek"
* Free The Robots "Orion's Belt Buckle"
* Ryan W. Bradley reads an excerpt from "Who Killed Owen Wilson?"
* Boy Eats Drum Machine "Hoop + Wire"